Python is a multi-paradigm, Object-oriented and structured programming language, and many of its features support functional programming and aspect-oriented programming as well. Many other paradigms are supported via extensions, including design by contract and logic programming. Python uses dynamic typing, and a combination of reference counting and a cycle-detecting garbage collector for memory management. It also features dynamic name resolution (late binding), which binds method and variable names during program execution. Rather than having all of its functionality built into its core, Python was designed to be highly extensible. This compact modularity has made it particularly popular as a means of adding programmable interfaces to existing applications. It presents a rich library of modules for network programming and scripting, which relies primarily on integration of existing tools.
Python can serve as a scripting language for web applications, has been successfully embedded in many software products as a scripting language, has been used in artificial intelligence projects, also used extensively in the information security industry, including in exploit development. Python is robust and can be integrated with programming languages like C, Java, .NET, C# etc.
Advantages in Python Application Development
Python is an open source web technology and available for free. Python is famous for being the "batteries are included" language. There are over 300 standard library modules which contain modules and classes for a wide variety of programming tasks. Python is a robust programming language with minimal stress and worries.
- Most automation, data mining, and big data platforms rely on Python. This is because it is the ideal language to work with for general purpose tasks.
- Python integrates the Enterprise Application Integration that makes it easy to develop Web services by invoking COM or COBRA components. It has powerful control capabilities as it calls directly through C, C++ or Java via Jython. Python also processes XML and other markup languages as it can run on all modern operating systems through same byte code.
- With its strong process integration features, unit testing framework and enhanced control capabilities contribute towards the increased speed for most applications and productivity of applications. It is a great option for building scalable multi-protocol network applications.
- Python has built-in list and dictionary data structures which can be used to construct fast runtime data structures. Further, Python also provides the option of dynamic high-level data typing which reduces the length of support code that is needed.
- Python has clean object-oriented design, provides enhanced process control capabilities, and possesses strong integration and text processing capabilities and its own unit testing framework, all of which contribute to the increase in its speed and productivity. Python is considered a viable option for building complex multi-protocol network applications.
- Python can play a key role in The Internet of Things or IoT application development.
- Python has proven to be quite efficient for developing asynchronous code, which utilizes a single event loop for bifurcating work in small units rather than writing up uses.
- As compared to Java, Python uses a much less limited multi-paradigm programming approach. Python is multi-paradigm and supports functional, procedural and object oriented programming styles.
- Python’s imaging library as well as MayaVi and VTK 3D visualization toolkits, as well as other tools like ScientificPython and Numeric Python can be used to develop numeric and scientific applications.
- Python’s strong integration with Java and C and C++ makes it very useful for application scripting. It was designed right from the beginning to be embeddable, and can be a great choice for a scripting language for customizing or extending larger applications.
- Python is considered a strong server-side scripting language. Its code resembles pseudo code like other scripting languages, and it hardly has any rich or complicated syntax.
- It provides dynamic semantics and rapid prototyping capabilities. It is often considered a glue language, connecting disparate existing components. It is highly embeddable in applications, even those using other programming languages.
ThoughtExecution Services offerings in Python Application Development
- Dynamic Web application development
- Python Desktop Application Development
- Python Migration Services
- Python based APIs Development
- Django, Flask, Pyramid frameworks based Python Development
- Scientific application development with numerical analysis
- Internet Of Things Application development and integration with physical objects
- Automation of server management, administration using Python based scripts
- Web services development in Python
ThoughtExecution expertise in Python Technologies stack
||Django, Flask, Pyramid, Tornado
||SciPy, Requests, Pandas, Bokeh
||Apache, Nginx, Gunicorn
||Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres-SQL, MySQL, SQLite, NoSQL, Informix, Mongo DB